by Amanda Hansen, The Green Door Dance Studio (Carlisle, PA) – excerpted
7. The people you meet – As in most walks of life, dancing attracts all kinds of people, but, by far, the majority of dancers are really nice people to know and it is great fun to be with them.
6. You can make people envious – If you dance at a social event, you might well be encouraging others to take up dancing, too!
5. The health benefits – According to researchers, social dancing provides the body with many health benefits. It can help reduce stress, increase energy and improve strength, muscle tone and coordination. Dancing can also burn as many calories as walking or riding a bike. One of the best aspects of dancing is the fun you can have while you’re doing something great for your body.
4. The cool factor – Dancing is an uber-cool activity for all.
3. The community – The more frequently that you go out dancing, the more likely you are to become part of the community of dancers.
2. You’d rather dance than watch Dancing with the Stars. Really, who wants to watch other people enjoy all these great benefits?!
1. It’s just fun! – Whatever the level of dancing you do, you will have fun. From the beginners taking to the floor for the first time, often with terrified looks on their faces, through to seasoned professionals strutting their stuff at a dance demonstration, dancing makes you feel alive and it makes you smile.